- PING introduces the Glide Forged wedges, a new design that is classic and pure for incredible feel.
- Glide Forged wedges are forged from 8620 carbon steel to deliver unprecedented soft feel while including a semi-concealed tungsten toe weight to boost forgiveness.
- The compact shape is Tour-inspired for expert level shot-making control and versatility like when you need to open the face with a low leading edge.
- Wheel-cut grooves and a CNC-machined club face deliver lower launch and higher spin as the grooves grab the ball to prevent it from sliding up the face.
- The grind plays between a thin sole and standard sole with a more rounded leading edge, more heel-toe camber, and 2° less bounce than the standard sole for optimal turf interaction on all types of wedge shots.
- A gooseneck tapered hosel aids in a smooth transition through grass and sand while providing a captured look down by the ball.
- Ping's Hydropearl 2.0 chrome finish repels water for more consistency shots from rough and wet grass while resisting scratches and wear.
- Forged from 8620 carbon steel
- Compact, Tour-inspired shape
- CNC-machined face with wheel-cut grooves
- More rounded leading edge and more heel-toe camber
- Gooseneck tapered hosel
- Hydropearl 2.0 chrome finish
CNC-Machined Face and Wheel-Cut Grooves
The CNC process allows PING to get all the details right on these wedges. Along with wheel-cut grooves, these wedges launch lower and spin more as the grooves grab the golf ball to prevent it from sliding up the club face. You also get refined stable, muted feel at impact.
More Rounded Leading Edge, More Heel-Toe Camber
The Glide Forged wedges come in one sole grind that plays between a thin sole and standard sole (2° less bounce than standard sole). A more rounded leading edge and more heel-toe camber provides optimal turf interaction on more types of shots.
PING's HydroPearl 2.0 chrome finish repels water for more consistency on shots from rough and wet grass. This finish also resists scratches and wear.
Forged 8620 Carbon Steel
Using 8620 carbon steel gives the Glide Forged wedges their unprecedented soft feel. There's also a tungsten weight in the toe of the club for more forgiveness.
Gooseneck Tapered Hosel
This hosel shape is inspired by the PING EYE2 wedge. It provides a captured look with the ball in addition to the compact shape while also aiding in a smoother transition through the grass or sand.
Glide Forged Wedge Custom Options