Limited Edition Callaway Men's X Utility Prototype
LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE. Tour-Issue Utility. The Iron That Was Instant Gold On Tour.
A unique, 2-piece hollow forging and high-strength maraging steel
face produces high ball speeds - good for you, good for the game's top players to whom this limited supply of tour-issue clubs was destined.
The Callaway X Utility Prototype irons
are designed to provide a better and more versatile alternative to long irons
in a variety of situations, like hitting off the tee on a tight par-4 or into
a green from the fairway or rough. They also feature a shallow face height
with a deep center of gravity and a very appealing, strong sound at impact. A weight screw is used to optimize the weight of the club for more options from a variety of lies.
Callaway Chief Designer Roger Cleveland crafted these technical irons for tour pros who wanted to hit shots with higher launch angles and take on windy conditions. Cleveland has said that he wanted to develop a three-loft concept with a new design that was shallower, had a deeper CG, and that created a higher launch angle which is difficult to achieve in longer irons.
Callaway X Utility Prototype irons have already become a popular choice on
the PGA Tour, where players like Phil Mickelson, Colt Knost, Kelly Kraft and
Ernie Els are using them in competition. At the 2012 Open Championship, Els
used three of these utility irons to win his second Claret Jug and fourth
Callaway Men's X Utility Prototype features:
- Lofts: 21.0
- Inspired by a prototype hybrid that Phil Mickelson played, Callaway Chief
Designer Roger Cleveland relieved the heel and toe of these utility irons
so that they move through grass easier and penetrate tougher lies in the
- More weight at the bottom and a deep center of gravity helps create higher
- High-strength maraging steel face to produce fast ball speeds
- Weight screw is used to optimize the weight of the club
- Forged construction designed for excellent feel
- Provides more options from a variety of lies
- Graphite or Steel shafts available in 6.0 • Stiff
- Lamkin Crossline 55G grip
- Available in right-hand
- Click Product Tour under the image
above for alternate views and more details
Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons...Tour-Inspired, Tour-Trusted